Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Paris, je t'aime

We're back in Paris and I couldn't be happier! This city does something to me. I'm not sure what but I know I never want to leave. We arrived this time by train on Sunday morning. I had accidentally booked us first class seats so we got a free breakfast! We love the words 'free' and 'food', especially when they go together ;)



We're old pros in Paris now so we knew exactly what we wanted to do and see. We found our hostel easily and Paris gave us beautiful weather. We walked, yes walked, up to Sacre Coeur and then walked up the 300 steps to the top of the dome. For me, it felt like we had been up there for a good 20 minutes, but after we walked down Madeline informed me it had only been 5 minutes...I'm certainly not known for enjoying heights so it's no surprise.


The views were incredible. Definitely worth the climb.


For our second day we thought we'd spend the day in the Louvre.






We were so näive to think we could handle a full day in a museum. After 4 hours we couldn't take it anymore and had to get outside.






While it was incredible to see all the masterpieces, theres only so much a person can take. So we shopped and ate too many pastries instead!



Since the day was so great we decided not to end it early. With a baguette, meat, and cheese in hand, we headed to the Eiffel Tower to watch it light up at 10pm. Sitting up high staring at one of the most famous structures in the world in the middle of the summer is one of the most surreal and unforgettable moments on this trip. We are two truly lucky girls.



-Maggie

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment