Friday, June 1, 2012

Hey, haven't we left yet?

Almost!! I thought I'd put up a few last-minute photos of us all packed (yes, a miracle!) and strapped in!

We head off to Iceland tonight for a layover pulling into the gate around 6:30am, at which time I will require a caffeinated IV. From there we have all day until an evening flight into London.
Now I can see how all of this travel time may seem daunting, maybe even miserable, but I have a secret weapon: soundtracks to musicals. I swear by it. You may scoff, but if you listen to an entire soundtrack, suddenly, it's the final encore and an hour has passed. (I would also suggest no sing-a-longs unless you are paired with an enthusiastic person next to you-I never seem to be). It's all I need to travel on an airplane. Okay that, and some good nasal medication to open up the sinuses. I just can't believe we are just hours away from crossing the atlantic and taking sips of European culture (but mostly, listen to the accents, we are just a couple of girls here). Oh I'm kidding, but I truly am so thankful for what's to come and all of the support from our family and friends the two of us have had throughout the past year. I can't quite express what it means to us, so I'll attempt to write it the best I can as we go. Thanks to everyone who has taken the time to read my ramblings, there will be more to come! We've received a spirit of adventure from more than one of our family members, and for that I am grateful. I could have done without the lactose intolerance though...


ALSO! Just thought this clip of Gilmore Girls says it all. They are my guide for which I make giant life decisions, like backpacking through Europe! Just click on the following:
Gilmore Girls on backpacking

No comments:

Post a Comment